A lot of people when they think of interior decorating think its something that can only be done by the professional decorators. This is not the case since anyone can design their house with the right guidelines and interior design training. Some homeowners even find they make better designs than those they deem professionals in this field.
To do interior decorating does not need any educational certificate, which means you don’t need to have a degree to be a creative interior designer. It’s an industry that any one can get into as long as they have the passion.
When starting out in doing your own designs you should go for the simple decorations. A well designed home doesn’t have to be equipped with expensive equipment and have the equipment spread all around the house. Functionality and usage is the basics of interior decorating and should be put above the beauty and aesthetic of any home you are decorating.
Below are some guidelines to follow when decorating the interior of a home:
1. Free space: The first thing to do when redecorating a house is to free up some space and throw away old unnecessary equipment. Old sofas that are no longer in use should be stored away to open up some space.
2. Make good use of the store room and put away decorations that are not right for that season such as Christmas decorations.
3. If there are any picture frames and small figurines that are scaring people instead of amusing and exciting them remove them to clear the walls. Less is more when it comes to interior decorating.
4. Replace old carpets with new ones and if the living room doesn’t have one place a nice cozy one to make the atmosphere a little more comfortable.
5. Having a beautiful clean kitchen is very important because it’s the most visited part of the house. Design your kitchen in a way that it is well-lighted and paint should also bright to blend with the light. The wall color you choose should also blend with the table and chairs and not have different colors that don’t match with anything.
6. You bathroom should also be beautiful like your kitchen. There should be enough space to accommodate two people at the same time and have all the necessary things required in a bathroom. And try to have two bathrooms, one for your family and a second one for visitors so they don’t see your personal stuff.