Are people keeping their distance when having a conversation with you? The reason they are doing this maybe because your breath smells bad. The way it smells is just too much for anyone to handle which is why they move away from you.
If you are afraid to ask someone if your breath smells one way to knowing is breathing out into your palm then immediately smell it. If the smell is bad to you as well then the chances are big that you have bad breath.
If you don’t deal with this and stop your breath from smelling bad people will start to avoid you not only in a personal level but professional as well. No body wants that to happen to them because it can cause great damage to your self esteem.
Below are some ways to get rid of bad breath:
– Brushing and Flossing: A simple way to start off in getting rid of bad breath is to brush and floss your teeth at list twice a day. Bad breath is usually caused by small food particles that get stuck in between your teeth. With time these particles produce volatile sulfur compounds which is the main culprit to causing bad breath.
– Tongue Cleaning: Some bacteria that causes your breath to smell find a place to hide in the crevices of ones tongue. This bacteria can’t survive where there’s oxygen so they hide in your mucus and the tongues protective layer. To discourage the bacteria you should brush your tongue not forgetting the back of it.
– Drinking Water: You should make sure that your mouth continuous to produce saliva because saliva dissolves the volatile sulfur compounds that cause bad breath. An easy way to stop your mouth from being dry is drink water on different intervals of the day. When you do this your mouth gives bad breath bacteria a tough time to live in it.
– Sugar-less Chewing Gums: It doesn’t hurt to chew gum every time you finish eating. By chewing gum you are cleaning your mouth by removing small particles that are stuck in between your teeth after you finish eating. And gum also helps your mouth not to be dry.
– Dental Issues: If your mouth has some dental problems then the chances are very big that you will have bad breath since bad bacteria can easily hide in these places. Things to look out for are bleeding gums, swollen gums, pain when chewing and loose rotten teeth.
– The dentist: Make it a point that you check your dentist at list twice a year because they will tell you if there is a serious problem with your teeth. They will also prescribe certain treatments to help you get rid of bad breath.